Mac ’N' Cheeseballs. Check out the Tasty One-Stop Shop for cookbooks, aprons, hats, and more at TastyShop.com: http://bit.ly/2mEBY0e
Here is what you'll need!
Mac ‘n’ Cheeseballs
Makes 18-20 1-inch balls
12 ounces cheese puffs
¼ cup butter
½ cup milk
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 8-ounce block cream cheese
1 pound box of elbow macaroni, cooked
1½ cups flour
3 eggs, beaten
Oil, for frying
Salt, to taste
1. Crush cheese puffs into a fine powder and set aside.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat add the butter. Once the butter is melted, add milk, cheddar, mozzarella, and cream cheese. Whisk until all the cheese has melted and sauce is smooth.
3. Pour cheese sauce over cooked pasta--stirring to ensure thorough coverage of the noodles. Cover and refrigerate the cheese-coated pasta for at least 2 hours--allowing for it to cool completely and for the cheese sauce to bind the pasta together. This recipe also works well with leftover mac ‘n’ cheese.
4. Using your hands, take the chilled mac ‘n’ cheese and form it into 1-inch balls.
5. Dredge the balls in flour, followed by egg before finally coating them in the powdered cheese puffs.
6. Heat the oil to 350˚F (180˚C) and fry the mac ‘n’ cheese balls until the outside is crispy, about 2 minutes. Once done frying, transfer to a wire rack to drain. Lightly sprinkle with salt before serving.
Check us out on Facebook! - facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty
Licensed via Warner Chappell Production Music Inc.
Tags: Mac ’N' Cheeseballs, Cheeseballs, fried, deep-fried, macaroni, fast-food, clone, cheetos, mac and cheese, mac 'n' cheese, buzzfeed, tasty, fried food, appetizer